Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 5, 2014 - No Real Post this Week

This week Courtney has been in and out of a few hospitals in France. She was admitted in to the University hospital in Angers with a very painful headache - the one she has had for almost two weeks now. They weren't able to control the pain and in fact they were giving her some sort of medicine that made her very sick. We have been communicating with the Mission Department's European doctor and he suggested that she be moved to the American Hospital in Paris. She went in to Paris over the weekend and received some treatment there. She was wearing a pain patch on her neck to help calm the bulging nerve in her neck. We were able to talk to her a few times this week which was nice but it's hard to know that she is in so much pain. We got this short email from her today:

Bonjour! I just have a minute to let  you know that I'm doing okay! I'm staying with the Princes - a senior couple serving in Paris. They are taking good care of me. I am going to go to the office with them today and visit with President Poznanskie - we spoke on the phone last night and he said that he is going to try and get me back to Angers today so all is well. The patch is working - I don't know how but it is! I still feel sore but Elder Prince said it's probably just my muscles around the nerve because they've been so stressed these past two weeks. My head is still a little painful but seriously compared to what it was I feel like I'm on cloud 9! I still can't keep any food down - I just wonder what they were putting in my body in the Angers Hospital! I am hoping to be A-ok when I talk to you next week for Mother's Day!

Please tell everyone that I love them. I could really feel all of the prayers and fasting on my behalf. I am so grateful for the gospel! Without it and the power of prayer I seriously would not have been able to make it through this past week! Thank you so much for praying and fasting for me - I know that it is because of your faith, my faith and the faith of my district that fasted for me on Friday that I am ok and that I was able to make it through such a hard week. I know that there is something great that I am going to take from this and I already feel like I have learned so much.

I KNOW that everything about my mission has been so inspired. I am so grateful for everyone right now. Even my ward here in France - the lady in my ward who came and visited me called like everyone in the ward and had them fast for me too on Sunday and our Bishop announced it and Soeur Denning said they announced it in Relief Society and Priesthood. It's so amazing to think how many people are praying and fasting for me - that alone gives me SO much comfort and strength. Thanks for everything that you have done for me this weekend.

I have to tell you about the Princes. They are seriously fantastic - they tried to feed me like a queen. Too bad I can't keep any of it down! Yesterday Sister Prince made pot roast and mashed potatoes and gravy and homemade bread and homemade tapioca pudding. Then today we had crepes and grilled chicken. I has been a nice place to recover! And they have so many great stories! He's a cancer survivor of only a couple years and they are best friends with the Hollands. THE Hollands! Elder Prince and Elder Holland grew up together and now they live across the street from each other. When the doctors told Elder Prince he only had 3 weeks to live, Elder Holland gave him a blessing and well, he's still alive! They remind me so much of the Johnsies!

I love you so much! I will be talking to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment