Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 12, 2014 - The One After Mother's Day!

Well, sorry for not getting a blog post last week. I was a little tied up... in IVs. Ha ha just kidding that was a little bit dramatic. But, I just want to thank everyone for their love and support these past few weeks! There were times when I really felt you all so close during really hard times! I love you all!

So anyways, I guess I should kind of tell you all what happened. BUT it's really long so this is going to be the very very VERY condensed version of what happened. So two Mondays ago I had already tried two different prescribed medications for the horrible headaches I had been having and neither of them worked. So, then, the wife of my mission president said that I should go to the emergency room .We went at about 7:30 i the evening and didn't leave until FIVE O'CLOCK THE NEXT MORNING! Our zone leader and district leader were so worried about us there that they ended up getting permission and running all the way to the hospital to stay with us! It was so nice of them. So, all they did there was take my blood and a CT scan on my head and say that nothing was wrong and prescribe me codeine. So I took that and all of the drugs they gave me and we left.

A very very kind lady in our ward here in Angers came and picked us up and we went home. But the next morning we had our District Meeting at 11 so we went because we felt bad that our Elders would have to go with as much sleep as us because of how nice they were. It was good that we went too because it was our last district meeting with a sister in our district who went home that week because of health issues. So we all took a picture together one last time. 
I think this picture really shows how wonderful Courtney's companion has been to her while she has been sick
And of course I had to take a picture of me with the nicest elders ever who helped us out so much!!
Then the next day I had to go in to Paris to do legality stuff and it was so fun because I got to see the missionaries who came in with me from the MTC! Even though I don't really remember much from that day... probably from the codeine... I DO remember that I was so happy to be able to see some of my good friends from the MTC!
The next day was Thursday and I could hardly do anything without it hurting. Brushing my hair? Nope, couldn't do that. Blinking? Couldn't do that either. Pretty much it wasn't getting better even with the really strong medicine so my President told me to go back to the Emergency Room and the church's doctor that I had been in contact with told me to have them do a test there that would tell if I had a condition that he thought I had called Occipital Neuralgia. So I go back to the Emergency Room and they decide to admit me to the hospital and start their own treatments on me - they wouldn't test me for Occipital Neuralgia. So I spent that day and the next day at the hospital here in Angers. If you can help it - don't EVER go to a French hospital. There is so much I could say about that hospital and what it was like but I'll just show you the pictures of the dinner they served me. That should give you just a little idea of what it was like...

The only good thing about being in the hospital was that I got to talk to Mom and Dad. But I just bawled when President said he was going to call Mom because I knew how worried it would make them. I told my President "please do NOT call my mom! She is going to freak out!" but he did anyway... ha ha. So at the hospital they had me hooked up to medicine that just made me spend all night on a very very gross bathroom floor. It wasn't good. So the next night I was talking to the Church's doctor and he said to leave and go to the American Hospital in Paris and have them treat me there. SO, the next day I was on a 2 hour train ride to Paris. Once I got there they diagnosed me (Occipital Neuralgia) and prescribed me treatment within about 20 minutes. I love America. So I have started that treatment that hopefully will work. 

That weekend I stayed with a senior couple in Paris until Monday. They are just about the sweetest people ever. They helped me gain back the 2 kilos I had lost in the last couple of days with all kinds of delicious homemade food and goodies. They were just like grandparents to me!
Oh and a really quick side note - I spend Monday in the Mission home with the President's family and they have a dog that is Mu Shu's twin!!
So then Monday night I traveled back to Angers - wow, I missed my ville and my district so much!! We were finally reunited and everyone was so happy!
A very kind Polynesian family in our ward had us over for dinner. Everyone here in the Angers ward has really just been taking care of us so well. At their house Soeur Tane (who is Tahitian and is now with us until the end of the transfer) did a traditional Tahitian dance for us!
The following week I was feeling so much better and we were busy! We had exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders. I was with Soeur Holmes who is just so sweet! I loved being with her!
And we had two birthdays! Sour Tane was on Wednesday. It's funny - everyone thinks I'm a good cook or something so I always get put in charge of the cake - mom thanks for teaching me everything I know ;) so we made her a cake! Yesterday was an Elder's birthday too so we made him an orange cake. It was SO good!



Also, a member from the ville where Soeur Tane used to serve drove all the way to come take us out for her birthday. She was the sweetest little lady! Afterwards she bought us all little cakes! They were so dang good!
And then finally, my favorite day! Mother's Day yesterday!! I was so happy to talk to the family!! You guys are so cute :) It was so nice to talk to Devon too! I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! Mom, thanks for everything that you do for me and for your great example. I hope that you had a great day!!

Thanks everyone for all your love and support and prayers and fasting these last couple weeks. You allreally are so amazing. Through this whole thing my testimony really has grown so much. I can't even tell you how many prayers I said. I remember being in the hospital and not being able to understand what was going on and I just prayed and prayed and prayed. Not once did I feel alone. I KNOW that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers and is so ready to comfort us. I am so grateful for this gospel and for all the blessings I recieve because of it!

Thanks again everyone! I love you all, have a great week!

Avec Amour...


No comments:

Post a Comment