Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 28, 2014 Dancing!

I have a plea - as the mom. Please pray for Courtney. She has been to two doctors this week and is headed to Paris tomorrow. She has been plagued with a debilitating migraine for almost 2 weeks. She has never had headaches so this is all new and very painful for her. She just wants to work and be a good missionary and she is getting down. 

You can email her at
courtney.ridd@myldsmail.net
or write her a letter:
Les Missionaires
Soeur Ridd
31 rue de la Roe
Angers 49 49100
France

Well, this week was just full of adventures!
On our pday last week we decided to go on a run to this beautiful park because NOTHING was open because of the Easter holiday so we couldn't' even do our grocery shopping! It was so gorgeous! It turned out to be a LOT longer of a run than we anticipated but it was so much fun!






And then the unthinkable happened! TWO more gray hairs! Good times on the mission! haha


This week we also tot to go to a ville called Nantes for our zone conference. It was so fun to see missionaries from our zone and to be edified and uplifted by our wonderful zone leaders. They gave a great talk about ow we need to decide whether we are going to be "Lamans and Lemuels" in our life or "Nephis" in how we approach hard times and trials. I loved that!

Of course, we had to take fun train pictures on our long train ride home! :)




Then we had such a fun ward party here that was a costume dance party (why they did that in April, I have no idea but it was still fun!) Soeur Denning and I dressed up like sister missionaries from the 90s (a little tribute for you mom!) and the ward thought it was so funny!

We were a little worried though because it was a dance party and technically we're not supposed to dance

But our zone leaders and district leader said it was okay so...

It was such a fun night to get to spend with the members! The ward here really is amazing and they all are so welcoming! We taught them how to do the "Boot Scootin Boogy" and they taught us all these old French dances - it was a blast!

And some of them really went all out in the costumes!

There was a cake contest - I think ours was the best (a lemon yogurt cake with homemade sprinkles and everything) but someone won with a delicious Speculoos (it's like Biscoff) cake. It was SO GOOD!!


It was really cool too because there is a family in our ward from Nouvelle Caledonie (New Caledonia) and they did a special Polynesian dance for us! It was just like home!! :)

Then - this week our district's health has just fallen apart! I've had maybe a sinus infection with a terrible headache all week (no fun) and our poor Elders got such bad colds! So we made them this little "get well kit" with lots of things to help them!

and they (when they found out I keep getting worse) brought me one back yesterday full of snickerdoodles and the nicest little book of notes! They are so awesome! I am so blessed!

This week has been a struggle with my health and in trying to not get down about it, but I have learned a lot! One of our zone leaders gave me an ear-full for not going to the doctor earlier. He said that by not going to the doctor and staying sick and still trying to do missionary work, I wasn't allowing myself to feel the spirit. I thought about that more and I realized what a stubborn person I am and I've come to realize that being stubborn is just a sneaky form of pride. When we are stubborn we're not allowing ourselves to be open to the spirit and to let the Savior help us change. I'm really going to try and work on that!

I'm so grateful for all of you and your prayers and all the letters that I received this week. It really helped me a lot and I can feel of your love and comfort so much right now. Every prayer helps so thanks for all you do for me. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Avec amour, 
Soeur Ridd











No comments:

Post a Comment