Monday, April 21, 2014

Joyeuses Paques Everyone!

(That is how you say Happy Easter!) Here in France they still celebrate it on Monday (for an extra day off work I think ha ha) I hope you all had a wonderful week leading up to Easter and had a great day yesterday in remembering our Savior and all He did for us and the amazing gifts He has given us from his Atonement and Resurrection!

This week was a pretty fun week! We had one day where we were put as a trio with Sœur Tane from Tahiti because it was exchange day and her new companion wasn't going to be there until late at night. So she came to our rendez-vous and contacted with us. It was so fun! She is so cute and her and I have become really great friends! She's so fun and it's like a little taste of home being with Poly family! :0 I was helping her learn English and she helps me learn French and Tahitian! She's such a hoot!





We got to do a lot of finding through contacting and porting (going door to door) this week sharing our Easter message again and it was so amazing to be able to bear testimony of the simple truths that we know to be true but I know that every time that I do, my testimony is strengthened so much of our Savior and the great sacrifice he made for us and the eternal blessings we receive. I will never get tired of the beauty of France that we see when we go out, so sorry (but not really) if you get tired of my pictures! 


Church on Sunday was really special for us. There was a special program about Easter that our ward put together. The 4 Elders and I sang "Il Vit, Mon Rédempteur" (I Know that My Redeemer Lives) and Sœur Denning played the piano. I loved that opportunity! I felt the spirit so strongly as I bore my testimony in French through that song. I think everyone felt the spirit so strong too! They were all crying and coming up to us saying how we sounded like angels. There were some really great talks and I just loved hearing all about the Resurrection of Christ all day. I love how that's what our church really focuses on - not just the crucifixion, but that on the third day he WAS resurrected and the today he DOES live again and because of that we can too. That is such a blessing to us and our families! Speaking of family - I missed not having a family Easter picture this year so we took our own!
It was really cool this week at church too because we had a foreign exchange high school student from the U.S. who is living with a family here come to church! She is so from Utah and she is so cute and just immediately became best friends with us Sœurs! She said she is planning on going on a mission too and so it was cool to be able to testify to her about how much missions can bless you while I am actually on my mission!

We had a lot of our rendez-vous (appointments) fall through this week that we had planned for sharing our Paque message with families in the ward so that was hard. But we did get to go to a family yesterday for lunch. Holy. Moly. I am STILL full on Monday afternoon! And that was their "petit gout" (little taste) before their big Easter dinner. Ha ha. It's crazy how much we ate. It was cute though - they wanted to make us "American food" so we had grilled chicken and sausages and steak with frites (they don't like it when you call them French fries) and salad and bread (of course) and cheesecake for desert! Wow! it was way good. But seriously so much food! That family (the Ravaneaus) are so amazing! They are one of the real spiritual anchors in the paroisse (ward) here. They love the missionaries and we always have so much fun when we are with them! One of their little boys is 10 and he is such a crack up! We have lots of fun with him taking pictures and making silly faces!

It was so nice too - he gave us his Easter bunny! And here in France they don't play around with chocolate or give it up freely! And this bunny was not that waxy fake chocolate - it was the real deal! It was so good, we decided to have that and our peeps that you sent us mom for dinner because even at 9:00 pm we were too full to eat. So that was probably the healthiest and best Easter dinner that I have had - ha ha!


I just want to end this special post for Paque with my simple testimony that I know that Christ is our Savior and redeemer. I know that He suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and walked a lonely road so that we don't have to. I know that even when His very apostles betrayed Him, He was still strong and did the will of our Father in Heaven up to his death so that we can repent of our sins and become clean. I know that He felt our sins, sadnesses and struggles and that He can not only help us in this life through comfort, but also after this life He will be our advocate with the Father. I know that because he rose again on the third day that we will ALL be resurrected and have the opportunity to live with our family and loved ones for all of eternity. I know that this church is true and I love every moment I get to share that with the people here!

Thanks for all of your support and love! Thanks for those who write me letters and send me packages! They are always like little treasures from heaven and I love them so much! I love you all! I hope that you have a wonderful week and can find a way to share your testimony with others! 

Avec amour, 

Sœur Courtney Ridd




No comments:

Post a Comment