Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Short Note Before I Leave the MTC!

Hey everyone! So this will just be a short little post because I am only emailing because my next pday... I'LL BE IN FRANCE! Pretty Crazy!

So on Wednesday this week I got to be a host for all the new missionaries coming in!

It was so weird because I swear that was just me. It was kind of hard because I had to keep taking these crying sisters away from their families, but at the same time it was so amazing to think how many great new missionaries we get every week who are here to serve the Lord and help gather Zion.

On Thursday we had Infield Training all day. It was so fun, it was like lots of little workshops to help prepare us for the field. One of the coolest things that I took away from it was how important members are in a missionary's work. If the missionaries in your ward aren't really involving you, help them by trying to get them involved in your life so that you can help them. It really makes such a huge difference for a missionary when they involve members. 

Ok, so here's a funny story for this week...
So this picture s just a remake of what really happened, BUT, on Thursday it had been raining pretty much all day here and so there were worms all over outside. One of the Elders got a worm and I was holding it in my hand just kind of playing with it and then Soeur Rasmussen freaks out about how gross that is and tried to fling it out of my hand by hitting the bottom of my hand towards my face. So do you know where the worm goes? In. My. Hair. So, I screamed. I screamed sooo loud that I surprised myself, I don't think I've ever screamed that loud before. It was pretty funny. Now my whole zone laughs at me for having "worms in my hair". 

Friday was just a pretty normal day - just doing classwork and language study and stuff. But for some reason everyone got a kick out of my tired face.. so now whenever I say something dumb they make me "do the face" for punishment!
Also, we decided to give everyone in our zone an animal and we drew a picture on the black board. I'm the deer! We were so productive with our study time...
So today (Saturday) was a pretty sad day. We had to say goodbye to our wonderful teachers Frere Kellett and Soeur Chard. They really have been such amazing teachers. They not only taught us the lessons and helped us learn French, they taught us the gospel through their amazing testimonies and became our good friends. I'm going to miss them so much!

Well, the next time I email you I will be fully submersed in the French culture and eatin me some pastries!! I can't wait! :)
Thanks again everyone so much for all of your love and support. It makes it a lot easier to go into the field knowing I have such wonderful friends and family supporting me! Je vous Aime!!

Love,
Soeur Ridd

No comments:

Post a Comment