Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Decision To Serve

Ever since I was little I can remember wanting to be a sister missionary JUST like my mom. Every time I would envision myself as a missionary growing up I would naturally picture myself in France {with a beret on of course} saying "bonjour je m'appelle Soeur Ridd" because that was {pretty much still is} the extent of my French.
 My mom and dad were always so encouraging about me serving the Lord and both were great examples to me of missionaries. However, as I started into my teen years waiting until I was 21 to be able to serve seemed like forever but I still continued to have the desire and to prepare. Like many other sisters in my situation, when the mission age was lowered it seemed like a blessing specifically for me. I was beyond thrilled and the witness I received was overwhelming and I KNEW a mission was what I was going to do.
The day I finally was able to start my papers I was SO giddy and ready to just go! I could hardly wait to turn them in and receive my call. When I opened my call {September 21, 2013} and read "France, Paris Mission" my heart stopped. In that instant I was completely overcome with the spirit of confirmation that that was exactly where I was supposed to go. All the fear and anxiety that had been building up was gone and excitement and comfort took its place.
These last few months have seemed like years waiting to finally enter the field. With less than 2 weeks left now I can't wait to enter the field and help in the hastening of the Lord's work. I know this church is true with every fiber of my being. I can't even imagine where I would be without the comfort and truth and knowledge that comes from having the true gospel in my life. My testimony is so strong I just want to proclaim it to all the world and everyone I meet! I have felt the infinite love the Savior has for me and the comfort that comes from his atoning sacrifice. I want to stand as a witness of the Lord and serve him through serving others.
jusqu'à la prochaine fois,
Soeur Ridd

1 comment:

  1. I live the video, it makes me cry every time I see it. It's so cool you get to serve the same mission as your mom. I know you will do a amazing job and you will learn french very fast. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete